95 “Self-exchange Electron Transfer in High Oxidation State Non-oxo Metal Complexes: Amavadin” Jeremy Lenhardt, Bharat Baruah, Debbie C. Crans and Michael D. Johnson, Chem. Comm. 2006, 4641-4643.
96 “When water is not water? Exploring water confined in large reverse micelles using a highly charged inorganic molecular probe” Bharat Baruah, Jennifer M. Roden, Myles Sedgwick, N. Mariano Correa,† Debbie C. Crans,* and Nancy E. Levinger J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2006, 128, 12758-12765.
107 “The permeability and cytotoxicity of insulin-mimetic vanadium (III,IV,V)-dipicolinate complexes,” Y Zhang, XD Yang, K Wang, DC Crans. J. Inorg. Biochem. 100 (1), 2006, 80-7.
108 “Oxovanadates: a novel probe for studying lipid-water interfaces,” Debbie C Crans, Bharat Baruah, Nancy E Levinger. Biomedicine & Pharmacotherapy 60(4), 2006, 174-81.
109 “Diabetes-altered gene expression in rat skeletal muscle correctecd by oral administration of vanadyl sulfate,” GR Willsky, LH Chi, Y Liang, DP Gaile, Z Hu, Debbie C. Crans. Physiological Genomics 26(3), 2006, 192-201.
110 “Pulmonary Immunotoxic Potentials of Metals Are Governed by Select Physicochemical Properties: Vanadium Agents.” M.D. Cohen, C. Prophete, M. Sisco, L. Chen, J.T. Zelikoff, J.J. Smee, A.A. Holder, A.J. Ghio, J.D. Stonehuerner, and D.C. Crans. J. Immunotox. 4(1), 2007, 49-60.
111 “Simple Oxovanadates as multiparameter probes of reverse micelles” Bharat Baruah, Debbie C. Crans and Nancy E. Levinger Langmuir 2007, 23, 6510-6518.
112 “Electron Spin Lattice Relaxation of V(IV) Complexes in Glassy Solutions between 15 and 70 K” Alistair J. Fielding, Dong Bin Back, Michael Engler, Bharat Baruah, Debbie C. Crans, Gareth R. Eaton, and Sandra S. Eaton ACS Symposium Series 2007 974, 364-375.
113 “Do Vanadium Compounds Drive Reorganization of the Plasma Membrane and Activation of Insulin Receptors with Lipid Rafts” Deborah A. Roess, Steven M. L. Smith, Alvin A. Holder, Bharat Baruah, Alejandro M. Trujillo, Daniel Gilsdorf, Michelle L. Stahla, and Debbie C. Crans ACS Symposium Series 2007 974, 121-134.
114 “Comparing Administration Route in Rats with Streptozocin-Induced Diabetes and inhibition of myoblast growth of Vanadium [V(III), V(IV) and V(V)] dipicolinic acid Complexes” Gail R. Willsky, Michael E. Godzalla, III, Paul J. Kostyniak, Lai-Har Chi, Rohit Gupta, Violet G. Yuen, John H. McNeill, Mohammad Mahroof-Tahir, Jason J. Smee, Luqin Yang, Aaron Lobernick, Shari Watson, and Debbie C. Crans ACS Symposium Series 2007 974, 93-109.
115 “Chelation of Vanadium(V) by Difluoromethylene Bisphosphonate, a Structural Analog of pyrophosphate” Debbie C. Crans, Alvin A. Holder, Tapan Kumar Saha, G. K. Surya Prakash, Muhammed Yousufuddin, Roman Kultyshev, Rehana Ismail, Myron F. Goodman, James Borden, and Jan Florian 2007 Inor. Chem. 46, 6723-6732.
116 “Investigating the vanadium environments in hydroxylamido V(V) dipicolinate complexes using 51V NMR spectroscopy and density functional theory” Kristopher J. Ooms, Stephanie E. Bolte, Jason Smee, Bharat Baruah, Debbie C. Crans, Tatyana Polenova Inor. Chem. 2007 46, 9285-9293.
117 “4-Amino and 4-Nitrodipicolinatovanadium(V) Complexes and Their Hydroxylamido Derivatives: Synthesis, Aqueous and Solid State Properties“ Jason J. Smee, Jason A. Epps, Guillaume Teissedre, Mandy Maes, Nichola Harding, Luqin Yang, Bharat Baruah, Susie M. Miller, Oren P. Anderson, Gail R. Willsky, Debbie C. Crans Inorg. Chem. 2007 46, 9827-9840.
118. “Anti-diabetic effects of cesium aqua (N,N’ethylene(salicylideneimiato)-5-sulfonato) oxovanadium(IV) dihydrate in streptozotocin – induced diabetic rats” Ming Li, D. Wei, Weijin Ding, Bhatat Baruah, Debbie C. Crans Biol. Trace Element Res. 2008, 121, 226-232.
119. “Impairment of Ascorbates’ Anti-Oxidant Properties in Confined Media: Inter and Intramolecular Reactions with Air and with Vanadate at Acidic pH” Debbie C. Crans, Bharat Baruah, Ernestas Gaidamauskas, Brant G. Lemons, Bret B. Lorenz, and Michael D. Johnson J. Inorg. Biochem, 2008, 102, 1334-1347.
120. “Sarcoplasmic reticulum calcium ATPase is inhibited by organic vanadium coordination compounds” Manuel Aureliano, Fernando Henao, Teresa Tiago, Rui O. Duarte, J.J.G. Moura, Bharat Baruah and Debbie C. Crans, Inor. Chem. 2008, 47, 5677-5684.
121. “Effects of Vanadium-Containing Compounds on Membrane Lipids and on Microdomains Used in Receptor-Mediated Signaling” Deborah A. Roess, Steven M. L. Smith, Peter Winter, Jun Zhou, Ping Dou, Bharat Baruah, Alejandro M. Trujillo, Nancy E. Levinger, Xioda Yang, B. George Barisas and Debbie C. Crans Chemistry & Diversity 2008, 5, 1558-1570.
122. “1H NMR studies of aerosol-OT reverse micelles with alkali and magnesium counterions: preparation and analysis of MAOTs” Michelle L. Stahla, Bharat Baruah, Dustin M. James, Michael D. Johnson, Nancy E. Levinger and Debbie C. Crans Langmuir, 2008, 24, 6027-6035.
123. “Do probe molecules influence water in confinement?” Bharat Baruah, Laura A. Swafford, Debbie C. Crans, and Nancy E. Levinger J. Phys. Chem. B 2008, 112, 10158-10164
124. “51V Solid-State NMR and Density Functional Theory Studies of Vanadium Environments in V(V)O2 Dipicolinic Acid Complexes” Stephanie E. Bolte, Kristopher J. Ooms, and Tatyana Polenova, Bharat Baruah, Debbie C. Crans, Jason J. Smee J. Chem. Phys. 2008, 128, 052317/1-052317/11.
125. “Metal complexation chemistry used for phosphate and nucleotide determination: an investigation of the Yb3+-pyrocatechol violet sensor” Ernestas Gaidamauskas, Kanokkarn Saejueng, Alvin A. Holder, Subalita Baruah, Boris A. Kashemirov, Debbie C. Crans and Charles E. McKenna J. Biol. Inor. Chem, 2008, 13, 1291-1299.
126. “Penetration of negatively charged lipid interfaces by the doubly deprotonated dipicolinate ”Debbie C. Crans, Alejandro M. Trujillo, Sandra Bonetti, Christopher D. Rithner, Bharat Baruah, and Nancy E. Levinger J. Org. Chem. 2008, 73, 9633-9640.
127. “Inhibition of protein tyrosine phosphatase 1B and alkaline phosphatase by bis(maltolato)oxovanadium (IV)” M. Li, W. Ding, B. Baruah, D. C Crans, R. Wang J. Inorg. Biochem. 2008, 102, 1846-1853. This paper was highlighted by F1000.
128. “Deprotonation of b-cyclodextrin in alkaline solutions” Ernestas Gaidamauskas, Eugenijus Norkus, Eugenijus Butkus, Debbie C. Crans and Giedre Grinciene Carbohydrate Res. 2009 344, 250-254
129. “Anti-diabetic effects of sodium 4-amino-2,6-dipicolinatodioxovanadium(V) dihydrate in streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats” Ming Li, Jason J. Smeeb,c, Wenjun Ding*,a, Debbie C. Crans J. Inorg. Biochem. 2009, 103, 585-589.
130. “Decavanadate (V10O286-) and Oxovanadates: oxometalates with many biological activities” Manuel Aureliano and Debbie C. Crans J. Inorg. Biochem. 2009, 103, 536-546.
131. “Chloro-Substituted Dipicolinate Vanadium Complexes: Synthesis, Solution, Solid-State and Insulin Enhancing Properties” Jason J. Smee, Jason A. Epps, Kristopher Ooms, Stephanie Bolte, Tatyana Polenova, Bharat Baruah, Luqin Yang, Wenjun Ding, Ming Li, Gail R. Willsky, Agnete la Cour, Oren P. Anderson, Debbie C. Crans J. Inorg. Biochem. 2009, 103, 575-584.
132. “Anti-diabetic effects of vanadium (III, IV, V) - chlorodipicolinate complexes in streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats” Ming Li , Wenjun Ding, Jason J. Smee, Bharat Baruah, Gail R. Willsky, Debbie C. Crans BioMetals, 2009, 103, 585-905.
133. “Electron Transfer in Non-Oxo Vanadium(IV) and (V) Complexes: Kinetic Studies of an Amavadin Model” Jeremy M. Lenhardt, Bharat Baruah, Debbie C. Crans, Michael D. Johnson Pure Appl. Chem. 2009, 81, 1241-1249.
134. “Impact of confinement and interfaces on coordination chemistry: probing oxovanadate reactions including proton transfer reactions in reverse micelles” Debbie C. Crans,* Bharat Baruah, Allison Ross, Nancy E. Levinger Coord. Chem. Rev., 2009, 253, 2178-2185.
135. “What's inside a nonionic reverse micelle? Probing the interior of Igepal reverse micelles using decavandate” Myles A. Sedgwick, Debbie C. Crans, and Nancy E. Levinger* Langmuir, 2009, 25, 5496-5503.
136. “51V Solid-State NMR and Density Functional Theory Studies of Eight-Coordinate Non-Oxo Vanadium Complexes: Oxidized Amavadin” Kristopher J. Ooms, Stephanie E. Bolte, Bharat Baruah, Debbie C. Crans and Tatyana Polenova, Dalton Transaction 2009, 3262-3269 (DOI: 10.1039/b820383k).
137. “Complexation of bisphosphonates with Ytterbium(III): Application of phosphate and ATP detection assay based on Yb3+-pyrocatechol violet” Ernestas Gaidamauskas, Helen Parker, Boris A. Kashemirov, Alvin A. Holder, Kanokkarn Saejueng, Charles E. McKenna, Debbie C. Crans J. Inorg. Biochem, 2009, 103, 1652-1657 doi:10.1016/j.jinorgbio.2009.09.006
138. “Effects of decavanadate and insulin enhancing vanadium compounds on glucose uptake in isolated rat adipocytes” Maria Joao Pereira, Eugenia Carvalho, Jan W. Eriksson, Debbie C. Crans, Manuel Aureliano J. Inorg. Biochem. 2009, 103, 1687-1692.
139. “Effects of Metal Compounds With Distinct Physicochemical Properties on Iron Homeostasis and Anti-Bacterial Activity in the Lungs: Cr and V,” Mitchell D. Cohen, Maureen Sisco1Kotaro Yoshida1, Lung-chi Chen, Judith T. Zelikoff, Jason Smee, Alvin A. Holder, Jacqueline Stonehuerner5, Debbie C. Crans, and Andrew J. Ghio, Inhalation Toxicology, in press.
140. Is Vanadate Reduced by Thiols under Biological Conditions?: Changing The Redox Potential of V(V)/V(IV) by Complexation in Aqueous solution” Debbie C. Crans, Boyan Zhang, Ernestas Gaidamauskas, Anastasios D. Keramidas, Gail R. Willsky, and Chris R. Roberts Inorg. Chem. Submitted.
141. ”Acidification of Reverse Micellar Nanodroplets by CO2" Nancy E. Levinger*, Lauren C. Rubenstrunk, Bharat Baruah, Debbie C. Crans* 2010, Science Submitted.
updated April 22, 2010/nel